Winning me over.

I have been dealing with an intense down phase recently, and I have been attempting to find ways that are unusual to me for coping and diverting my attention away from the inner chaos.  So, I did some Googling and found a 30-day writing prompt challenge.  This should be interesting.

The first prompt is five ways to win my heart.  This one should be fairly easy since I've obsessed over this topic on multiple occasions. Please note: I am using the phrase "win my heart" in the context not limited to only romantic interest but my general affection:

1. Show kindness towards other creatures be they animal or human. A loving nature and understanding are two characteristics that I cherish, both in myself and in others. Kindness shows me that a person possesses depth and wisdom. Which leads me to...

2. Show me that you're intelligent. Not only in a book-smarts sort of way but on the mental, emotional, and spiritual levels also.  Know yourself, know as much as you can about the world, and acknowledge the Unknowable and beyond. And then laugh about it all...

3. Make me laugh.  A really good, hard, belly laugh that leaves me in tears. Smart, stupid, or odd humor will do. Come up with an over-the-top, totally ridiculous story and tell it to me...

4. Show your creative side. Write, paint, draw, sing, fold paper, cook, sculpt...CREATE.  Be colorful and let it all hang out. Bring some flavor to my life and I will love you forever.

5. Travel with me.  I love going on trips with people, especially to destinations we have never been to before.  We learn about people when we are outside of our comfort zones. The masks come off and true selves shine through.

And there you have it! My first writing prompt was indeed a much-needed distraction which has left me feeling somewhat better.  Maybe I'll keep it up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TWIN PEAKS omg.

Current treatment plan

Ugh.