TWIN PEAKS omg.

My most favorite television show has been rebooted and I will admit that I met the news with both excitement and dread.  I hadn't planned on tuning in because I assumed that when they used to the term "rebooted", it meant that the show was being remade. Thank Jesus that, rather than retelling the story, Lynch picked up 25 years after the death of Laura Palmer.  Even better: almost all of the original cast reprise their roles!  I decided to take the leap and watch the premiere tonight. Zero regrets here.

The story line for the premiere involves the finding of a dead woman named Ruth Davenport. Well, actually, they found her head in bed with the body of an unidentified male. This death is somehow tied to Agent Cooper's doppelganger, who is due back the Black Lodge now that 25 years have passed.  Agent Cooper is told by the doppelganger of the One-Armed Man's severed arm that, in order for him to return to Earth, his own doppelganger must return to the Black Lodge. But do you think Cooper's double is having that?  NO.

Meanwhile, a college student in NYC is in charge of watching over a big glass box with cameras attached to it.  We don't know who it belongs to, but we do find out that it is owned by a billionaire, who expects something to show up in the box.  Something indeed shows up and it ain't pretty.

The Log Lady's (I TEARED UP WHEN I SAW HER!!) log sends messages to Deputy Hawk who roams around the forest in search of the returning Black Lodge and he finds it, fading in and out between the human realm and the one beyond.

In the Black Lodge, we get to see Cooper, The One-Armed Man, Laura, and Leland. At the Roadhouse, we are reunited with Shelly and James (he has aged about 50 years in the past 25 years) Deputy Hawk, Andy, and Lucy are still at the police station. The experience was like seeing on friends again.  Being the dork that I am, I cried for approximately 75% of the two-hour show.

I cannot wait until next week to see what Lynch throws at us. ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ugh.

Current treatment plan